Planning and Zoning

Planning and Zoning Department
829 Camino del Pueblo
Bernalillo, NM 87004
(505) 771-7118 phone
(505) 867-0481 fax

**The Planning & Zoning Commission meeting scheduled for April 7th is cancelled. Items scheduled for this meeting will be re-scheduled for the next possible regular meeting. 

Until further notice, the Planning and Zoning Department is not open to the public but is processing applications electronically.  

Applications are available on our
Forms and Applications
 web page.

Please email all construction plans/applications to the Building Official at

Please email all other applications to the Planning & Zoning Director at

Once the application is reviewed, we will email you with the fee amount.

Once the fee is received (via phone/credit card OR mail/check), we will email you the permit and a copy of your receipt.

To pay by credit/debit card, contact Venessa at (505) 771-7120  OR  Jeanette at (505) 771-7122.

To pay by check, mail to:
Town of Bernalillo
Attn: P&Z Department
P.O. Box 638
Bernalillo, NM 87004

For all other inquiries, call or email the appropriate staff person.

The Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for the following services of Town government:

  • Land Use Planning (Development Review, Subdivision, Zoning, Annexation)
  • Building (Residential and Commercial Construction Permits and Inspections)
  • Code Enforcement (Property Complaints)
  • GIS/Mapping
  • Floodplain Management
  • Stormwater Quality
  • Addressing
  • Permits (Walls, Fences, Signs, Manufactured Home Placement, Demolition)
  • Water Rights
  • Planning and Zoning Commission

*View APPROVED Zoning Ordinance (Ord. No. 310) HERE.  Adopted 1/27/2020. Effective 2/2/2020. 

**View Official Zoning Map HERE.